Twitter Updates

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

So after a busy & party-filled Christmas weekend, I decided to have a quiet New Years. Midnight found me standing atop the central elevator block on my roof watching the fireworks around the city. It was remarkable. I’ve never seen so many displays going on at once. There are a dozen major displays and dozens more small ones going on in every direction. There are 3 big fancy ones within a few kilometres and I can see others further back at which must be the major hotels in the centre of town. Whoa, that one was close – apparently some people are also setting some off on a neighbouring rooftop, which being lower means they are exploding in blinding and ear-deafening proximity. Crackers and noisemakers are being set off in alleys all around creating a near-constant rat-a-tat-tat. There is not much of a breeze and after 10 minutes, the air is thick and acrid with the smoke. Gotta say, I’m impressed with the show.

Personally, I’ve a lot to be thankful for this year: for the support I had as I was deciding to quit my job without another in hand, for YouthCO for always believing in me and letting me run, for the chance to travel and see amazing places and for the amazing people I travelled with, for a summer of leisure (that to my enjoyment drove some of my friends nutters), for peaks climbed and smooth sailing, for this great opportunity to try something new and exciting in India, and for all the friends and family who make my life rich. If you’re reading my blog, yes, I mean you, silly.

I wish you all a Happy New Year and I hope 2007 treats you well. Enjoy it!

No comments: